This Christmas season I have zero intention of stepping anywhere near the malls or shopping centers. This year I will be making toys for the little ones (AND for grown-ups too!). I am still in the idea gathering phase so I thought I would share my top 10 easy handmade toys. They may seem silly or too simple, but if your gift recipient is under the age of 2, they won’t care. In fact, they will most likely play with the box or wrapping paper, so really, we hardy need stress about quality. :) If you enjoy this post, please check out my post More Easy Handmade Waldorf and RIE Toys.
1. Stuff in a Plastic Bottle (Infant)
2. Cut out Felt Shapes and Ribbon (1 1/2 – 3).
3. Large Fuzzy Balls in an Egg Carton (1 1/2 – 3)
4. Felt Balls (Infant and Up) Click Here for Video Demonstration
5. Buckles sewn to a board (1 – 3)
6. Puzzle Picture Glued to Popsicle Sticks (2 – 4)
7. Cloth in Baby wipe container (6 months and Up)
8. Nature Gifts (All Ages depending on size and object)
9. Fabric or Felt Crown (1 1/2 and Up)
10. Old Oatmeal Container with Hole in Lid (6 months – 2 years)
IN Addition to these really easy gifts, here are some ideas I found that I will most likely NOT get to. :)